These are the recommended criteria for yard-of-the-month judges to use in nominating homes each month.
- Grass should be healthy with no bare spots or excessive weeds.
- Grass should be mowed and edged.
- Grass trimmed around foundations, fences, curbs, and walkways.
- Debris, such as garbage, pet feces, etc., should be picked up and removed. A balanced landscape that is simple and natural in appearance is preferred.
WALKWAYS & DRIVEWAYS:
- Walkways and driveways should be clean.
- Trash containers or other yard products removed from view.
- Area in front of the curb (often over looked) should be free from debris and dirt.
LANDSCAPE & FLOWER BEDS:
- Flower beds should be weeded and edged.
- Any dead plants should be removed.
- Trees and bushes pruned.
- Outstanding lawns often have new flowers, new trees, and new shrubs.
- This includes the overall look of landscaping, use of color and textures, garden art, hanging baskets, bird feeders, etc. should be taken into consideration.